Chris Evensen Will Fight For You!

Solid Legal Representation For Auto And Truck Accidents

Experiencing a car accident or truck collision is a frightening event. You may be seriously hurt, unable to work, and in need of extensive medical care. At the Evensen Law Office I can help investigate the accident and strive for just compensation to help pay for your medical treatment and lost wages. Let my skills and deep experience defending those injured in accidents, work to recover damages so you can rest and recover.

Personal Injury Protection

If you have been injured in a truck or auto accident in Kentucky, you are entitled to recover Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Benefits also known as No-Fault Benefits. PIP Benefits are paid by the automobile insurance company covering the vehicle you were occupying when injured (generally your own automobile insurance carrier if injured while driving/riding in your own vehicle). If you were driving/riding in a company vehicle or a truck driver driving your employer’s truck, the Employer’s automobile insurance carrier is responsible for payment of PIP benefits.

Under Kentucky law, in the case of a truck or an auto accident, the PIP carrier is responsible for payment of medical expenses and/or up to $200.00 per week in lost wages, up to a maximum of $10,000.00. You may designate what portion of the $10,000.00 you wish to be used to pay for medical treatment and which portion to be paid for lost wages.

Unless specifically rejected, PIP coverage is mandatory on all automobile insurance policies in Kentucky but is optional on motorcycle insurance policies. If you are a motorcyclist, you may want to check with your insurance agent to determine whether you have purchased PIP coverage as part of the policy.

Claims Against The Other Driver Who Caused The Accident

If the accident was the fault of another driver and your medical bills exceed $1,000.00, you have a right to make a claim against the driver who caused the accident. If unable to settle the matter, you have the right to file a lawsuit to recover damages that resulted from the accident.

Damages include things such as:

  • Medical Expenses
  • Estimated Cost of Future Medical Treatment
  • Lost Wages
  • Estimated Loss of Future Earnings
  • Pain and Suffering

If you are injured in an automobile or truck accident, it is important you notify the police and make sure a police report is completed, go to the emergency room or your physician immediately and report all your symptoms and injuries to the physician, take pictures of your injuries and of your damaged vehicle, and be sure not to give a recorded statement to the insurance company until you have consulted with an attorney.

Uninsured And Underinsured Coverage

If your injury was caused by an uninsured driver, you may recover Uninsured Motorist (UM) Benefits from your own automobile insurance company. UM coverage is mandatory for all automobile policies.

If your injury was caused by a driver who had coverage, (i.e., the minimum amount required in Kentucky), but not nearly enough coverage to cover your total damages, you may recover Underinsured Motorist (UIM) Benefits from your own automobile insurance company if you have elected to purchase UIM coverage as part of your insurance policy. Unlike Uninsured coverage, Underinsured Coverage is optional.

I highly recommend all Kentuckians to carry Underinsured Motorist coverage as all too often the person who caused the accident carries only the minimum liability amount, ($25,000.00), and medical treatment for serious injuries can quickly exceed that amount.

If you have been injured in an automobile, truck or motorcycle accident and would like to discuss your entitlement to any of the above-referenced benefits, please contact my office for a free consultation.

The Legal Work To Me; Call My Louisville Firm

If you are seriously injured, let me evaluate your case. I can fight to get you just compensation that can help pay for your medical care, lost salary — even property damage. Arrange a free consultation by calling 502-309-3636 or sending me an email request.